Who We Need & What You’ll Do
The Video Producer Editor for AccuWeather produces and edits compelling video segments for the award-winning AccuWeather Television Network, its digital platforms, and social channels. The Video Producer Editor is an engaged content creator collaborating with a team of on-air broadcasters, directors, graphic artists, and studio technicians. The weather and the news require 24/7/365 coverage and, the video producer editor will be required to work differing hours, depending on the severity of the weather situation or breaking news story.
This is on-site position working at AccuWeather’s Headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania
Who We Are
AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania; a severe weather center in Wichita, Kansas; and offices in New York City and elsewhere around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their activities and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather For Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, digital out of home, the 24/7 AccuWeather Network channel and AccuWeather NOW streaming service. Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites.
- Monitor and identify compelling weather and climate visuals for the AccuWeather Network, website, and social media.
- Write, produce, and edit original content utilizing strong editorial judgment, visual effects, and technical standards.
- Exercise and adhere to company’s standards and practices.
- General understanding of video delivery systems (FTP, CMS, etc.)
- Ability to create daily weather news content, creative show opens, and stylized network promos.
- Responsible for media management and archiving of raw video assets.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Entrepreneurial spirit is necessary in this role.
- Bachelor or graduate degree in production, broadcasting, or equivalent education
- Proficient in using the Adobe Creative Suite, including Premiere, Photoshop, Audition, and After Effects.
- 2-5 years of demonstrated editing experience in a dynamic, live news production environment at a television station or broadcast network.
- Demonstrate teamwork by working cooperatively with videographers, producers, and other team members.
- Working knowledge of standard field camera and related broadcast equipment
- Must be available to work overnights, evenings, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Creative approach to storytelling with exceptional organizational skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Possess strong news judgement and editorial awareness of weather and climate stories.
More About AccuWeather
AccuWeather’s innovation-first promise has led to the development of many award-winning and propriety features that are available free to the public, including AccuWeather MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy ™, the exclusive AccuWeather RealFeel® Temperature, and AccuWeather RealImpact™ Scale for Hurricanes, among many other revolutionary products for the greater safety, convenience and comfort of our users. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of the Fortune 500 and thousands of other businesses in the U.S. and globally.
Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, established AccuWeather in 1962 and is considered the “father of modern commercial meteorology.” Dr. Myers, a leading creative thinker and visionary, has been named “the most accurate man in weather” by The New York Times and one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur’s Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.