What to Expect
We are looking for a video editor to join the Video Content Team based in Fremont, California. You will be working with a passionate team of editors, producers, and cinematographers to create and deliver original video content. The ideal candidate will have a meticulous eye for detail, excellent organizational skills, and a creative mindset. Being self-motivated and having a positive approach are also essential to this role.
What You’ll Do
- Preparing and editing a wide range of content across a variety of camera formats and distribution platforms
- Owning the post-production workflow on multiple projects from start to finish – ingest, media manage, edit, motion graphics, color grade and delivery
- Working closely with producers to address stakeholder feedback and collaborating cross-functionally with other creatives
- Bringing original content ideas that align with the Tesla brand and mission
- Adhering to and optimizing our post production workflow
- Archiving, organizing, and managing digital assets in a cloud and local library
What You’ll Bring
- 4+ years of video editing experience in a full-time position in a corporate or agency environment.
- A deep technical knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro
- Proficiency using Adobe After Effects to create title animations, generate compositing, screen replacement, picture clean up, rotoscope, tracking etc.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), and Frame IO (or similar project management tool) is a plus
- A detailed knowledge of technical video information such as codecs, frame rate, resolution/compression, proxy & offline workflows
- Knowledge of captions and localizing content for multiple markets
- Experience editing commercial, documentary, and social content
- Experience in supporting live events through video editing
- Understanding of narrative story telling
- Understanding of optimization and best-practices for specs on social channels like: YouTube, Facebook, Instagram & twitter
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
Compensation and Benefits
Along with competitive pay, as a full-time Tesla employee, you are eligible for the following benefits at day 1 of hire:
- Aetna PPO and HSA plans > 2 medical plan options with $0 payroll deduction
- Family-building, fertility, adoption and surrogacy benefits
- Dental (including orthodontic coverage) and vision plans, both have options with a $0 paycheck contribution
- Company Paid (Health Savings Account) HSA Contribution when enrolled in the High Deductible Aetna medical plan with HSA
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- LGBTQ+ care concierge services
- 401(k) with employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Company paid Basic Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick and Vacation time (Flex time for salary positions), and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and parenting support resources
- Voluntary benefits to include: critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, theft & legal services, and pet insurance
- Weight Loss and Tobacco Cessation Programs
- Tesla Babies program
- Commuter benefits
- Employee discounts and perks program
$64,000 – $240,000/annual salary + cash and stock awards + benefits
Pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.