Why Hearst Magazines?
Hearst Magazines’ portfolio of more than 25 powerful brands in the U.S. — including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper’s BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics — inspires, entertains and builds new and bold experiences for an engaged and growing audience across digital, video, social and print, reaching nearly 139 million readers and site visitors each month. With sophisticated content creation, cutting-edge technology and industry-leading data capabilities, we make media and products that move people across all platforms.
We are a global media company that publishes nearly 260 magazine editions and 200 websites around the world and, together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.
Oprah Daily seeks a highly creative video editor and motion designer to help expand and elevate its video offerings. This editor will be responsible for editing video as well as the creation of motion graphics to bolster Oprah Daily’s original content. The role will require the ability to juggle multiple projects, and work closely with producers, editors, talent, and other stakeholders. The editor must have a strong sense of organization, a thorough communication style, be able to effectively create video at scale and on short notice and have a passion for the digital video landscape. Familiarity with and a passion for the Oprah brand is a must.
What you’ll do:
- Use Adobe Creative Suite to edit short and long form video content for Oprah Daily across all its digital mediums.
- Conceptualize, design, and build motion graphics for use across Oprah Daily’s digital content (Video, social & web)
- Help to set looks that are current with industry trends, while establishing new ones.
- Work closely with producers and designers to find visually interesting ways to develop new Ips as well as inject new life into existing Ips and revive old, to build out library of original video content and digital offerings.
- Take notes and direction from producers and the editorial team and implement feedback quickly.
- Deliver projects on time, with a keen attention to detail.
- Understand and implement best practices for media storage and work in an organized manner.
- Ingest, manage, archive & track media as projects are completed.
- Work closely with production staff in the planning and execution of video shoots.
- Assist in the management and maintenance of Oprah Daily’s studio, camera, lighting, and audio equipment.
Who you are:
- An experienced video editor with a positive attitude and the ability to work calmly under pressure.
- You are also a creative designer with the ability to find new ways to present video content and concepts.
- You have a minimum 5 year’s post-production editing and motion design experience along with a well-rounded list of credits, clips, designs, and animations, demonstrating experience in both traditional and digital video landscapes.
- You have expertise in the Adobe Creative Suite, including experience troubleshooting media storage and Adobe Creative Suite issues.
- You have considerable experience in motion design, particularly in utilizing Adobe After Effects.
- You have familiarity and experience utilizing other industry standard programs such as AVID Media Composer, DaVinci Resolve, etc.
- You have an exceptional eye for sound, pacing and shot selection and understand how to build a compelling narrative.
- You have familiarity with audio mixing and color grading/correction.
- You possess the creativity and ability to interpret editorial & design direction and expand upon it.
- You are deadline driven and results oriented, possessing strong organizational skills.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for all you do, and are a problem solver by nature.
- Experience in camera work, lighting and/or live audio is a bonus.
- You are able work an extended schedule, as productions require (early mornings, late nights, weekends)
- You are willing and eager to take on additional roles above and beyond position scope, as needed.
- You are able to lift and carry up to 50lbs.
- You have strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and are well-versed in common production jargon.
The base salary for this role is between $70,000 and $77,000. The actual base pay offered is dependent upon many factors, such as: transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.