Cherokee Nation Businesses is the tribally owned holding company of Cherokee Nation — the largest Native American tribe in the U.S. Our mission is to grow and strengthen Cherokee Nation’s economy through innovation, diversification and job creation. We employ more than 9,000 people worldwide, working within 45 companies across three business units that generate nearly $2 billion in annual revenue. With our continued growth, we’re committed to the success of Cherokee Nation Businesses and the citizens of Cherokee Nation.
Complete video editing, motion graphics, and animation projects. Work with project leads to ensure successful messaging and brand fidelity. Edits videos for requesting departments within Cherokee Nation and Cherokee Nation Businesses. Manages post-production of multiple projects at once, assists in ingest and organization of footage onto department server.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following:
- Under the direction of the Original Content Video Production Manager, edit and produce videos and animations needed for Cherokee Nation Businesses and Cherokee Nation.
- The video editor will select soundbites, b-roll, and music to fulfill project scripts.
- This position is responsible for understanding best practices in video editing, audio mixing, motion graphic techniques and color correction.
- Edit and package new and existing videos and photographs for use by requesting department.
- Responsible for quick video editing turnaround as requested.
- Follows approved scripts to ensure edited footage matches client’s request.
- Creates entertaining and compelling videos and graphics suited to the client’s brand.
- Assists in the capturing, logging, and organizing of media on department server.
- Ability to work closely with other teams to ensure project success, and successful delivery of the completed piece.
- Assists in the maintenance, use, distribution and storage of all video, audio, lighting, photography, etc. equipment.
- Responsible for researching and implementing new editing techniques and keeping up-to-date on video editing training.
- Assists as a videographer on shoots as needed, as well as grip, lighting, audio, etc.
- Conduct research as needed to ensure historical and cultural accuracy.
- Assists in video metadata tagging as needed.
- Creates video links as requested for review.
- Document b-roll needs as requested.
- Communicates with supervisor concerning project status and needs.
- Works with project lead to develop concepts, edit video footage, and develop motion graphics such as bumpers, lower thirds and info-graphics.
- Uses Adobe Creative Suite and other post-production software.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
No supervisory/management authority.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Video Production, Film or a related field, and 3-5 years of experience editing videos or equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong video post-production skills are required.
- Requires close attention to detail, reliable work ethic, and a professional appearance.
- Requires proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Requires strong communication skills to ensure effective workflow and customer service.
- Requires strong organizational skills, and the ability to meet strict deadlines on multiple projects at once.
- Must have working knowledge of Mac systems.
- Must be able to produce documentary style motion graphics.
- Experience in audio mixing and color correction is preferred.
- Experience in other video production roles is a plus.
- Must be able to provide examples of past work.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
Please provide samples and/or reels of recent work.
Work is primarily performed in a climate-controlled office setting. Light travel as requested.