Job Description Summary
Working independently and exercising good judgment and discretion to video record and edit lecture and presentation material on behalf of the Center for Advancement of Faculty Excellence as part of their mission to design coursework for Liberty University Online.
Essential Functions And Responsibilities
- Videography of lecture and presentation material for LUO, LUOA, and special projects.
- Edit video assets.
- Work with presenters during video shoots.
- Works effectively as a team member, embracing and fostering LU’s mission.
- Operate video production equipment.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications And Credentials
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university with a preferred emphasis in communications and video production.
- 2+ years of experience in video production.
ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES ESSENTIAL TO THE FUNCTION OF THE JOB
Communication and Comprehension
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing to convey clear, well articulated information.
- Ability to understand, speak, and write English in order to convey messages and correspond in an articulate and professional manner.
- Possess public communication skills that allow professional representation of Liberty University to a variety of business, government and community customers and associates.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Intuitively able to reason, analyze information and events, and apply judgment in order to solve problems of both a routine and complex nature.
Physical and Sensory Abilities
- Frequently required to travel to campus locations.
- Frequently required to sit for extended periods to perform deskwork or type on a keyboard.
- Regularly required to hear and discern sounds.
- Regularly required to see and discern colors.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, climb stairs, and use elevators to move about the building.
- Handle materials, reach overhead, kneel, or stoop in order to conduct business.
- Regularly lift 50 or fewer pounds.
The working environment in which one will typically perform the essential functions of this position is varied, including a climate-controlled office setting and occasional year-round outdoor video shoots. Office lighting is suitable for the editing process and the noise level is moderate at times. Work from home may be encouraged or required at times.
Use of one’s personal vehicle (or LU vehicles) is required for travel in the performance of the essential functions of this position. Proof of a valid Virginia driver’s license, an acceptable DMV record, and liability insurance is required.
Disclaimer Liberty University’s hiring practices and EEO Statement are fully in compliance with both federal and state law. Federal law creates an exception to the “religion” component of the employment discrimination laws for religious organizations (including educational institutions), and permits them to give employment preference to members of their own religion. Liberty University is in that category.