Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About The Job
Rent the Runway is looking for a Video Editor to create dynamic, highly-visual and compulsively-shareable content for the site, app, mobile, social media channels, in-store displays and beyond. This role will report to the Design & Art Director and involves close collaboration with the Brand Ops and Marketing teams. If you have a passion for fashion, technology, and innovation and have strong storytelling, and video editing skills to match, this job is for you. You’ll join a dynamic and fun team at the forefront of fashion and technology.
What You’ll Do
- Edit multimedia content and support the concept and distribution – types of multimedia include, but are not limited to videos and GIFs for social channels, and onsite placements, billboards and OTT campaigns.
- Work closely with creative team and participate in brainstorms to develop content from start to finish
- Proficient post production skills including editing, animation, graphics, sounds, and final coloring while staying abreast of content and technology trends in the video production communities
- Experience in storytelling and editing – you must have a passion for creating a range of fashion content
- Editing footage, cutting footage for multiple placements, format adjustments and file sizes
- Create dynamic and eye-catching transitions and animations that could become trademark moves of the brand
- Bachelor’s degree plus 3+ years of experience in Video Editing
- Proven experience creating compelling digital multimedia and video content
- Smart, intuitive thinker with a passion for creating beautiful, on-trend aesthetics with demonstrable experience in video editing (portfolio required)
- Mastery of Adobe Premiere and After Effects (familiarity with coloring programs such as DaVinci Resolve a plus)
- Animation is a plus
- Layout design skills
- Ability to work on your own when needed or cohesively and effectively work within a small creative team
- Ability to be flexible, resilient, and adaptable to changing priorities
- Experience with digital cinema cameras and lighting equipment is a plus
BenefitsAt Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave – every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program – because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service – Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts – to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment – Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match – an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings – our team spirit is no joke – we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work – our corporate employees have the option to work remotely 2 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
Covid-19 Vaccine Requirement
RTR is requiring all US corporate employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to work in person, unless an employee requires a reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you believe that you may require an accommodation, please apply for any roles that interest you and if hired, you will receive information on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. RTR will evaluate all such requests in accordance with Company policy and applicable law.Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
The anticipated base salary for this position is $65,000 – $80,500. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held.