About the job
Bumble and bumble is a fast-growing, luxury hair care brand located in NYC. It started as an NYC salon and evolved into a multi-million-dollar brand comprised of 2 salons, a product company that houses a strong in-house creative agency, a direct sales force, and a university for hairdressers and salon owners.
We are committed to cultivating creativity while remaining deeply and passionately dedicated to the craft of hairdressing.
Position SummaryA video editor/camera operator for social and campaign content that is optimized for the platform. A multi-hatted creative working within the 360 Campaign team on the concept, creation, and production of brand content for social, campaigns, and education. This role requires collaboration with cross-functional partners and must uphold the brand’s equity and desirability. Must have experience as a video editor, camera operator, and still photographer. This position reports to the Associate Design Director, Video in the 360 Campaign team, and partners closely with several team members in Creative.
- Film and edit 360 Campaign content including social, how-to videos, campaigns, and education.
- Concept and execute storyboards for content needs.
- Film/photography of behind-the-scenes content at NYFW, Campaign shoots, and special events.
- Ability to concept and execute on briefs.
- Manage small-scale shoots (example: how to video) including identifying shot list, work on casting, align with team + key cross-functional partners.
- Collaborate and support Associate Director on video shoots including planning, brainstorming, EQ rental, set up, lighting, sound engineering, digital tech, camera operation.
- Handle sound recording and mixing for voice overs on video shoots.
- Keep up with the latest social + cultural video trends.
- Create elevated/uplifting content and create desirability on social/digital.
- Create quick compelling edits that is optimized for the platform the content will live on.
- Edit multiple video formats from raw footage to final product in a way that is native to the intended platform.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Well-versed in After Effects, Premier, Media Encoder, Audition, Photoshop, Lightroom, Davinci Resolve, Frame IO, and Capture One.
- Outstanding collaborator, team player, artistic, conceptual, and technical skills.
- Understand the social video landscape, social trends, and best practices.
- Excellent communication and design skills.
- Enthusiastic and inspired approach to all projects big and small.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of Canon cinema cameras is a plus.
- Beauty and/or fashion experience is a plus.
Education And Experience
- 3-4 years’ experience shooting and editing video.
- Experience with event or portrait photography.
- Experience with cinematography and lighting (both continuous and strobe).
- Bachelor’s degree in video, film, or design.
The anticipated base salary range for this position is $71,000 to $106,000. Exact salary depends on several factors such as experience, skills, education, and budget. Salary range may vary based on geographic location. In addition to base salary, this position is eligible for participation in a highly competitive bonus program with possibility for overachievement based on performance and company results.
In addition, The Estée Lauder Companies offers a variety of benefits to eligible employees, including health insurance coverage, wellness and family support programs, life and disability insurance, retirement savings plans, paid leave programs, education-related programs, paid holidays and vacation time, and many others. Many of these benefits are subsidized or fully paid for by the company.
Job: Creative / Design
Primary Location: US-NY-New York
Job Type: Standard
Shift: 1st (Day) Shift
Job Number: 237031
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. It is Company’s policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. The Company will endeavor to provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with the law to otherwise qualified employees and prospective employees with a disability and to employees and prospective employees with needs related to their religious observance or practices. Should you wish to apply for this position or any other position with the Company and you believe you require assistance to complete an application or participate in an interview, please contact USApplicantAccommodations@Estee.com.