Prime Video brings together the world’s best creators with the most passionate communities in a way that no other entertainment brand can. Not only are we a one-stop hub for distinctive, critically-acclaimed and award-winning original programming including TV series such as The Boys, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and Jack Ryan and movies like Borat Subsequent MovieFilm, Coming 2 America, Cinderella, and The Tomorrow War, but we offer a multi-dimensional experience that allows subscribers to fully immerse themselves in their fandom: to read the book, to listen to the soundtrack, to buy the costume, to replay live sports in real time, and more. And that breadth and connection to the Amazon family of brands, along with the support of a passionate and diverse global team, makes Prime Video a company where creators and makers of all kinds can build their future.
Prime Video US Creative & Production is looking for a Senior Video Editor to join our AV Content Studio as we embrace a future where our creative storytelling contributes to our goal of becoming the world’s most beloved video streaming company. In this role, you will work specifically on Prime Video Brand creative, creating dynamic and engaging video content across a variety of executions. You will also collaborate closely with our internal creative directors, strategists, AV post production producers, cross-functional partners and creative operations management. This full-time role is required to work on-premise, not remotely.
Key job responsibilities
- Video editing as well as developing custom 2d motion graphic elements for the following types of content including, but not limited to: brand-specific multi-title campaigns, brand statement trailers, spots for broadcast and online, short form content for social channels, internal video content, and sizzle reels
About The Team
We are the center of creative and production excellence for the Prime Video Brand (Hub/Service-Level/Brand Governance), Marketplace (Channels, PVOD, TVOD) and Sports Marketing. Our org comprises best-in-class creative thinkers, production and operational experts, and asset craftspeople bringing creative concepts to life with technical precision and operational excellence. We foster brand love in support of Prime Video’s goal to be the global entertainment destination for our customers.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations: Culver City, CA, USA
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years editorial experience at an in-house agency or external creative agency teams
- 5+ years working in theatrical and/or broadcast television/streaming spaces
- Direct experience working in Adobe Premiere and Adobe Creative Suite (After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) as related to Premiere
- Understanding of aspect ratios, frame rates, conversions, & codecs
- Experience in sound design software such as ProTools
- Must provide a current demo reel or link showcasing previous video editing work
- Entertainment-focused editing experience, preferably theatrical and streaming
- Extensive knowledge of A/V production workflows, particularly short-form or promotional content like trailers, ad units, etc
- Deep experience and proficiency with Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Avid Media Composer, Maxon and Sapphire effects
- Understanding of Isilon and Cloud Storage
- Talented storyteller who is committed to producing bar-raising work with little or no copy
- Possess a wide range of music sensibility
- Exceptional problem solver through creative
- Ability to edit in both a supervised and unsupervised capacity, and without dedicated assistant editor support
- Proven ability to work closely with creative directors, AV producers and marketing executives to ensure creative vision is achieved
- Familiarity with show scripts, dailies and story-based editorial techniques
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Commitment to deliver, which may require working outside of business hours to meet deadlines
- Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $113,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $210,300/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.