Journey with us! Combine your career goals and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees. Royal Caribbean Group is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.
This position will work on-site in Miami, Florida.
The Senior Social Video Editor will be responsible for assembling and manipulating video footage, applying artistic editing techniques, and creating finished, broadcast-worthy projects that accurately reflect the creative vision and quality associated with our brand.
We’re looking for a multi-faceted video editor with great storytelling ability + strong Social Media chops to own the post-production process for our in-house creative team, with a focus on International Markets.
Candidates should have expert knowledge of modern video editing techniques, be able to visualize creative concepts and work according to a strict time schedule. Ultimately, a top-notch video editor can perfectly translate ideas into beautifully crafted social content worthy of publishing across our brand handles. In addition to video, digital image editing may be needed at times.
The Video Editor will work closely alongside an in-house team of copywriters, editors, producers, and content creators and other teams across Brand and Marketing.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Competent visual storyteller across traditional and short-form formats & platform with extensive experience with brand POV.
- Ability to understand and identify relevant social trends (video and audio) across platforms, markets and audiences.
- Perform complex video editing tasks such as, but not limited to, adding graphics, special effects, and animations to edits.
- Manipulating audio, film and video footage using modern editing techniques.
- Collaborate with creative team to ensure cohesion between script & visual plan.
- Digitize, edit, and color correct footage using Adobe Premiere Pro adding motion graphics and effects in Adobe After Effects.
- Review video assets after production to determine selects for team usage.
- Experience with high-resolution digital editing.
- Keep files and videos organized under server, sharing and naming conventions.
- Create master clips and encodes to multiple formats for distribution.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties performed by the employee occupying this position.
- Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
Qualifications, Knowledge And Skills
- 4 – 6 years of professional experience in video and image editing
- Portfolio of completed work
- Experience working in studio or agency preferred
- Cruise, travel, or hospitality environment preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Film or Media Arts preferred
- Must have an expert knowledge of editing processes on Adobe Premiere to ensure correct exports.
- Strong color management & color theory skill set required.
- Can tailor material for web delivery and distribution.
- Expert working knowledge of Photoshop, layers, masks, paths, color correction tools, actions, and non-destructive workflow
- Expert working in Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects.
- Adobe Illustrator and Media Encoder knowledge is a plus
- Understanding of current and emerging digital media formats, encoding schemes and channels of distribution
- Working knowledge of broadcast television, video production, interactive television, and non-linear editing
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to follow creative direction from senior team members & build upon creative ideas when needed.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
We know there’s a lot to consider. As you go through the application process, our recruiters will be glad to provide guidance, and more relevant details to answer any additional questions. Thank you again for your interest in Royal Caribbean Group. We’ll hope to see you onboard soon!
It is the policy of the Company to ensure equal employment and promotion opportunity to qualified candidates without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sexuality, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Royal Caribbean Group and each of its subsidiaries prohibit and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.