The Rockefeller University is the world’s leading biomedical research University. Our groundbreaking discoveries in basic and clinical research are transforming medicine. We share a singular commitment to advancing science for the benefit of humanity. Our collaborative culture drives each of us to achieve a higher level, fueling the breakthroughs for which we are known.
The Rockefeller University Press publishes three biomedical research journals: The Journal of Cell Biology, The Journal of Experimental Medicine, and The Journal of General Physiology. We are committed to identifying and publishing the highest quality research. All editorial decisions are made in conjunction with active academic scientists, and peer-review operations and pre-press production functions are carried out at the RUP offices.
We are seeking a Senior Scientific Editor to join our team!
The Journal of Cell Biology (JCB) seeks a talented individual for the role of Senior Scientific Editor.
- Overseeing the peer review process for submitted manuscripts and recruit high quality submissions to the Journal of Cell Biology (JCB)
- Promoting journal policies and, in conjunction with the Executive Editor, training Scientific Editors
- Manage projects and tasks that will make a significant contribution to the overall strategic direction of the journal
- PhD in cell biology; postdoctoral experience is strongly preferred
- Two or more years of editorial experience; three or more years is preferred
- Exceptional communication skills and superb attention to detail
- Strong interest in scientific publishing and publication ethics
- The position requires regular travel to attend relevant scientific meetings and to visit research institutions
Rockefeller University does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service or other non-merit factor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the characteristics listed above.