ABOUT THE ROLE
The senior editor publishes articles and multimedia on Inc.com that drive traffic and serve our readers, working closely with members of the editorial staff and freelance columnists. They plan and manage packages, series, and other editorial projects for all platforms, including our print magazine, and sponsored packages to meet editorial goals. They may be asked to assist with programming the homepage or managing the Columnist Desk.
This position is represented by the Fast Company and Inc. union the Writers Guild of America-East.
Salary range: $82,000-$115,000 and bonus eligible. Compensation may vary based on relevant experience, skills, industry, and education.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Edits and mentors reporters and other editorial staff
- Coaches columnists to drive traffic and meet Inc. editorial standards
- Helps reporters develop story ideas and approves pitches
- Analyzes traffic and social data to program the Inc.com homepage
- Collaborates with social media team to promote content
- Writes must-click headlines
- Manages editorial packages
- Oversees reporters, web producers and other editorial staff
- Manages columnist relationships
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Zeal for web analytics
- Experience in data-driven decision-making
- Talent for writing web headlines
- Editing skills
- News judgment
- Intuitive grasp of what gets shared online
- Facility with visual storytelling and video
- Dedication to web journalism
- 3-4 years as a business or financial journalist
As the publisher of Inc. and Fast Company, Mansueto Ventures is home to two of the most iconic and vibrant brands in the world of business publications. Every day, the content, awards, and events we produce help entrepreneurs and innovators succeed. All provide useful insights, spark essential conversations and provide much needed inspiration.
Inc. is the voice of the American entrepreneur. We inspire, inform, honor and stand up for the most fascinating people in business: the risk-takers, the innovators, and the ultra-driven go-getters that represent the most dynamic force in the American economy.
Just as Inc. and Fast Company pride themselves on advocating progressive and innovative business practices, all of us at MV are determined to walk the talk. This starts with the people we hire, and ensuring that our processes give us the greatest opportunity to bring aboard individuals who reflect the breadth of backgrounds, experiences and ideas present in society broadly. We strive to be a transparent, dynamic, and responsible organization that gives all of its employees a meaningful role in helping to shape what we do and how we do it.
At MV, we prioritize diversity. We celebrate difference and try to embed it into every aspect of our workplace. MV is committed to providing equal opportunity employment to all individuals regardless of race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.