At MJH Life Sciences our success is measured by your success! If you set your standards high and want to contribute to a winning team, we’ll provide you with every opportunity to help grow our company and your career. Our associates come from all backgrounds, sharing one key quality: determination to succeed. We value being Service Focused, having a Passion for Winning, Innovation, Respect, Integrity, and Teamwork. Nothing means more to us than hiring people with these attributes. If you believe you’re right for the job, this is the place to prove it!
The Senior Editor position requires someone with top-notch writing and editing skills, capable of turning around professionally written articles that present evidence-based information for oncologists in a clean and aesthetically pleasing format for a medical publication. Excellent organization skills and attention to detail are also required to pull together a complete, quality publication while still planning ahead for successive issues.
The Senior Editor will lead and work with a small group of editors and designers to produce a high-quality cancer-focused publication and various supplements from start to finish, including planning content for each issue, assigning freelance-written content, editing, fact checking, editing layouts, coming up with design elements to complete the page, implementing final team changes, and shepherding a publication through to completion.
- Keep current on developments and trends in healthcare, and develop editorial calendars and plans to convey relevant and timely information
- Plan ahead for successive issues of the publication and supplements
- Work with editorial team and/or freelance writers to develop compelling digital and print media, including longer features
- Develop new series and types of content based on audience feedback and needs
- Direct and coordinate editorial activities between production, sales, and copyediting/proofreading department
- Come up with innovative ideas for the publication, including figures and new content approaches
- Encourage advisory board to engage with our content and social media platforms and provide consistent feedback
- Infrequent travel to attend medical conferences
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences communications, medical journalism, writing, or a related field with 3+ years of professional experience and/or relevant medical background with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- An understanding of the professional roles, language and terminology, and nuances of the oncology discipline is preferred, or the curiosity and interest to learn quickly.
- Ability to translate data into relevant, practical content geared toward professional audience.
- Highly organized with ability to execute a project from beginning to end autonomously.
- Excellent scheduling, organizational skills with sharp attention to detail.
- Thrives both independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Desire to manage and/or mentor coach junior/contributing staff.
- Takes initiative and demonstrates leadership potential.
- Familiarity and ease with publishing systems and medical literature databases (PubMed, etc.).
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Adobe InCopy and/or InDesign.
MJH Life Sciences provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. All employees of MJH Life Sciences are employed “At Will.” This means that either the employee or the Company is free to end the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause and with or without notice.