We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we’ll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
The Kelly Clarkson Show Digital team is seeking a talented, fast-paced, creative Senior Digital Video Editor/Shooter to join our small and incredibly mighty team.
The role will report directly to and support the Senior Supervising Digital Producer and require editor to work end-to-end on video content. From setting up the shoot with cameras, lighting and audio to shooting using a DSLR or iphone. Then to editing the footage into premium quality digital content, creating a strong narrative and story that represents the brand’s tone and style.
Video content will range from long and short form original digital videos and franchises, scripted and unscripted BTS, social hits, individual segments, sizzle videos, mashups and branded content.
Editor must be skilled and adept at working with footage of all formats, identifying solutions for creative challenges, making informed tonal decisions with music and graphics and more.
- Shoot and edit video content for an array of video platforms utilized on The Kelly Clarkson Show’s Digital team including YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, KellyClarksonShow.com and more as assigned.
- Utilize a variety of footage from show cameras, digital DSLR cameras, iPhone footage to create digital videos that reflect the strength and storytelling of the Kelly Clarkson Show Digital brand.
- Skilled at creating and editing digital video franchises that are episodic in nature. Franchises may be short form for social or be longer in format at 10+ minutes.
- Highly experienced setting up shoots from lighting, audio, mics with ease and work with in-house talent as well as guests on the shoot.
- Skilled communication and professional presence when supporting the supervising producer and other video editors
- Ability to clearly articulate editing decisions
- Ability to problem solve and find solutions to creative challenges
- Strong organizational skills to keep Supervising Producer up to date with ongoing projects and timelines.
- Ability to caption own videos and write copy that is grammatically correct and without error
- Ability to multitask multiple edits based on the deadlines presented
- Smart, creative decision making
- Pitching new original content ideas to keep up with modern trends
- Collaborate with various departments internally to ensure that all key stakeholder needs are being met: from talent booking to legal to executive producers to supervising producers to music
- Ensure compliance with company guidelines, including deadlines, legal practices, confidentiality, and design standards
- Constantly incorporate audience feedback and data into content
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge about latest social, internet zeitgeist, pop-culture, and entertainment news and have a clear understanding of The Kelly Clarkson Show’s brand and topical areas
- Ability to create own graphics and end cards for videos is a bonus
- Willingness to go above and beyond and work occasional nights and weekends.
- Minimum 5 years professional experience as a content shooter/editor, with demonstrated ability to create end-to-end original digital video content that is adaptable to multiple social and digital video platforms.
- Minimum 5 years professional using current video/audio editing software in Adobe Creative Suite such as Premiere Pro.
- Minimum 4 years professional experience setting up camera equipment, lighting and audio and filming with cameras such as DSLR and iphones.
- Minimum 4 years professional experience in audio mixing, sound design, and color correction.
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
- Must be willing to work in-studio at 30 Rock.
- Ability to multitask over multiple projects at once and be able to prioritize projects to meet deadlines
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and work quickly and efficiently under pressure. Stay level-headed and calm in a fast-paced environment and daily talk show.
- Creatively innovative when it comes to editing
- Must be equally comfortable on set, behind an editing keyboard, and with a camera in hand.
- Must be self-sufficient in leading projects from start to completion.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and professionally interact with executive-level staff as well as talent.
- Strong passion for music, pop culture, internet trends, social media and entertainment
- Strong expertise of the ever-changing landscape of camera technology and production equipment.
- Strong expertise of video codecs, DSLR and 4K workflow.
- Show natural leadership skills and accountability over projects
- Be a team player, contribute to broader team initiatives
- Have a positive, can-do attitude that contributes to our team and work culture.
- Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $85,000-$110,000
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.