photo & video editor
At makesy, we believe deeply that the “right” people are our greatest asset. We value people with high energy, who possess the ability to energize others. People who are smart, creative and have a point of view. People who see the answer in every problem, versus those who see the problem in every answer. People who are driven, determined and won’t take “no” for an answer. We value team players, people who are more concerned with what’s right, rather than who’s right.
We are looking for a rockstar photo & video editor to join our team!
As photo & video editor, you will use photograph & video editing software to enhance images & video content! You will own the correction, resolution and composition of photos & videos, cropping and adjusting tone, color, saturation and brightness. The editing process can also consist of adding or removing objects from an image or inserting text. You’ll own the entire editing process for short-form video content (ads) and create disruptive, scroll-stopping ads for makesy.com. You’ll concept & edit videos, seamlessly weaving our brand values and DIY education into current trends. You’re a good fit for this role if you are quick on your feet, can execute and deliver uniquely creative content in a fast-paced environment, and are highly adaptive to the changing landscape and trends of incredible photo & video content as a whole. If you are looking for an opportunity to make earth-shakin’ difference and love what you do on the daily, let’s chat! We can’t wait to meet you! Let’s create the most magical content on the internet!
- Must be located in Southern California, and be able to come on site 3x a week to our HQ in Irvine
- Retouch and color correct brand lifestyle assets using Adobe Photoshop prior to delivering to the creative production teams.
- Ability to perform complex clone work to compensate for missing product samples, imperfections in samples and cleaning up sets. (ie. cloning out scratches in wood, seams in walls and floors, adjusting colors to match brand goals and guidelines, creative clone work).
- Match color back to actual product samples or reference files.
- Ensure color accuracy and consistency across collections from different photo shoots.
- Production of high quality, consistent and creative results in a timely manner.
- Quality assurance and color expert on all images & videos.
- Receive direction from the Art Director and implement any changes through multiple rounds to achieve the desired result.
- Adhere to high level of color correction standards.
- Maintain asset file structure organization and naming conventions.
- Maintain file size and crop specification guidelines.
- Edit and create videos for ecommerce ads & youtube across multiple platforms, including social media and websites.
- Trim ad footage segments and put together the sequence of the advertisement, inputting music, dialogues, graphics and effects etc.
- Create rough and final cuts
- Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to create the coolest, most unique ads on the internet.
- Collaborate with the creative team to develop video concepts that align with the brand’s overall messaging and marketing objectives.
- Manage and organize all video assets for advertisements, including raw footage, music, and sound effects.
- Use a variety of editing software to create high-quality videos that are visually appealing and optimized for various platforms.
- Work closely with Art Director and Photographer/Videographer to plan out effective and engaging video content ideas for videos.
- Competitor and trend research. Consistently diving into similar brands, viral video research, content types that perform well.
- Strategize based off of data and insights and be able to present strategy to creative director and content marketing manager.
- Create original, super unique and engaging Videos advertisements with relevant tone and style adhering to respective brands style guide.
- Interest in DIY/making as videos will showcase products, tools, making unique candles, soaps, body, skincare, homecare, and more.
- Ensure that ads are aligned with brand planning/calendars, brand aesthetics and our visual identity.
- Edit video ad content based of SEO, Marketing Calendar, product promo needs presented.
- Oversee progress of daily/weekly workflows, manage and prioritize your workload.
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience as an editor for brand or video/film/photo and/or multimedia productions.
- Expert experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Avid Media Composer, Adobe Photoshop, Lightworks, Premiere, After Effects and Final Cut)
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation and continuity
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
- Demonstrated experience and interest in beauty, lifestyle content video ad creation
- Portfolio or IG account with recent video & photo editing work
- Exceptional visual, videography, and lighting skills.
- Annual salary pending experience: $65,000-80,000.
- Health Care benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Classpass Membership (free massages, facials, workouts etc.)
- Participate in Company Stock Option Plan
- Team lunches and meals
- Daily Meditation breaks
- Wellness Wednesday
- Small (ish) company, open to all input and collaborative brainstorming to help develop the brands. Everyone has a voice!
Making is our mission. Makin’ your dreams come true… ooh ooh ooh ooh! 🎶 Makesy utilizes only the highest quality ingredients and components on the planet (literally the whole planet). Any less would be a mess. Makesy is a premier online marketplace offering natural eco-friendly & innovative making supplies to makers around the globe. We pride ourselves in servicing the large global retailer in bulk down to the expressive small business owner and DIY extraordinaire. DIY all day, y’all! Nurturing our planet and gathering inspiration from nature is interwoven into all facets of our brand. It’s all we know! We have found ways to make something seemingly complex seem super simple. Yip-a-dee-yup! You can count on us to be extraordinarily transparent, a listening ear, to always deliver top quality, and send you a pick-me-up when you need a lil nudge. At the end of the day, you can rest easy knowin’ your pals at makesy have got yo back (and that’s a fact)! Think of us as your go-to creative guidebook, hype-person and best friend all in one (we know – pretty awesome, right?). Makesy is the ultimate place to get your creative juices movin’ and groovin’ on all things DIY! Now, let’s get down to business.