OpenStore is Keith Rabois’ Miami-based Series B startup, founded in March 2021, valued at more than $970M. OpenStore is reimagining the future of e-commerce. Today, we’re building the technology and team to identify, value, acquire and scale long-tail e-commerce brands. We envision a future where emerging e-commerce brands have access to instant liquidity for their businesses and where consumers have ready access to the best small-brand products.
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of experienced founders, operators, and software engineers who saw a chance to change the e-commerce landscape. We have grown our team 5x in size within the first year and are eager to continue expanding our team with humble achievers committed to excellence.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
OpenStore is seeking to make their first hire to lead the editing and post production efforts for the Studio team. The Creative Director is looking for a thoughtful partner who has experience working at successful companies focused on retention marketing and paid ads. Together they will build the post production department at OpenStore at scale through both internal and external resources.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Collaborate with the Creative Director on building a post production model and solution that can scale with the needs of the business.
- No job too big or too small. Ready on day 1 to dive into the Adobe creative suite and make winning ads, while simultaneously collaborating on building a playbook and resources that scale.
- Deep understanding and point of view on how to build a creative testing flywheel to optimize the iteration process.
- Brings an understanding of tried and true methods from both the process and analytical side of how to
- effectively run sprints to fight creative decay while also spinning up new creatives.
- Work hand in hand with our creative director, strategist, designer, performance marketing team, and agency partners to build the best ads for our brands with an increased focus on our top tier brands.
- Experience or high levels of curiosity around how AI or automations can help scale post production across the business.
- Begin to understand and identify the customer personas across over 40 brands in our portfolio through a test and learn strategy, so we can create meaningful content and narratives that will connect with our consumers.
- Research and emulate our competitors. Have a deep understanding of what’s working in the DTC space.
- You have a deep understanding of how to tell a great direct response story.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You’ve done it before. You’ve worked in house at an agency or brand, in the trenches with media buyers and strategists. You’re looking to bring your experience to a company with unlimited growth potential in this space.
- You are analytically rigorous. You have a deep bias towards using data and analyses to drive decisions. As creatives we’ve always wanted to see our efforts directly tied to the data and performance. This is your opportunity.
- You can work through ambiguity. Your experience will enable you to focus on the elements that matter most and drive clear insights that inform the team’s priorities.
- You are curious. You want to understand the application of your work and learn how to build a high growth company.
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- 3-5 years experience working at a creative marketing agency or on an internal creative team with a track record of producing winning ads for performance marketing.
- Experience leading and managing editors and scaling post production within your company or agency.
- Veteran in Premiere Pro & After Effects. Extra credit if you know your way around photoshop.
- Extra credit for candidates who have successfully deployed, built, or used offshore or AI editing models and have the experience necessary to reproduce again in house.
- Not needed for this role but additional consideration for candidates who possess the ability to shoot / create their own content.
OpenStore is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer where we welcome and celebrate differences. We are committed to providing a workspace that is safe and inclusive, where everyone feels supported, connected, and inspired to do their best work. If you require any accommodations to participate in our recruitment process, please inform us of your needs when we contact you to schedule an interview.