Job Description: Junior Video Editor, NY
Are you excited about working with top DTC brands like The Farmer’s Dog, Prose, and Home Chef? Do you want to work at a company that is growing every month? If this sounds like you, join us at GrapevineAI as a Junior Video Editor! We are a startup with a fast paced environment where you’re challenged, learning, and growing every day.
What is Your Role?
As a Jr. Video Editor, you are responsible for editing video content for social media platforms. Your content elevates ad performance with measurable results across a portfolio of brands. More than just a sharp creative sense and immaculate editing skills, you come packed with ideas that drive optimization. You can identify the potential in a video ad, and elevate its tone to support the objective.
As an individual, you love products and are passionate about consumer brands, particularly in the realm of wellness, beauty, pet care, and CPG. You have a keen sense of what consumers are looking for, and know how to deliver a point visually. You bring excitement, genuine curiosity, and a product-testing mentality.
Your work will include all aspects of video editing for whitelisted advertisements that will appear in ad campaigns before millions of viewers. A born communicator, your collaboration skills are as sharp as your attention to detail.
Key Responsibilities For This Role:
This role is perfect for someone who is highly strategic, consumer-obsessed, and passionate about editing effective videos that sell. Applicants should have a drive to understand ‘What makes a winning ad?’ for clients across a breadth of industries.
This role is responsible for ownership of video content creation and optimization process. Main tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Editing creative digital advertising video content for social media platforms
- Receive and implement creative direction and feedback from teammates and clients.
- Actively implement performance editing best practices, with a focus on maximizing viewer engagement and comprehension.
- Thoroughly review completed work for technical and quality errors and ensure that all outputs are aligned with specified brand and legal guidelines.
- Understanding and driving business goals, including revenue, while constantly innovating new design types
- Using analytics to optimize ads and improve conversion rates
- Cross functional collaboration with the Brand Success and other team members in a supportive capacity and to ensure edits are executed based on performance goals.
What You’ll Bring:
Editing: Execution Expert
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years experience in paid social video editing/design in the DTC/ecomm space
- Creative mind → can visualize a video flow for a high performing ad with everything from the hook to body to CTA
- The ability to set the direction of video ads and create tactical internal briefs with specific instructions that deliver winning creative
- Experience making ad creatives (both static / gif and video)
- Experience working in Adobe Suite
- Experience working in a task management platform (e.g. Asana, Monday) is strongly preferred
Business Ownership: Goal Crusher
- Business savvy: you get the market, trends, competitive forces, ad creative, and technology
- Entrepreneurial mindset: thrive in a place where change, ambiguity and action orientation are the norms. You work with speed and efficiency.
- Builder: blank canvases excite you; you enjoy the process of making something and iterating
Organization & Communication: Exceptional Focus
- Project-management: organized, proactive, disciplined, detail-oriented, and relentless in getting things done with the ability to successfully manage multiple projects/deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Impeccable communication: you can distill and convey information in a compelling manner and have exceptional editing and written skills with a strong attention to detail
Team work: Develops Others
- Highly collaborative: you possess the ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders with a positive attitude and enthusiastic mindset
- Fun: take your work seriously but never yourself, you’re able to laugh and play while at work
- Competitive salary with bonus and equity
- 100% Medical, Dental, and Vision personal coverage
- 401(K) with Match
- Regular team events and offsites
- Generous PTO
Today, finding third party content is a highly manual process, yet the demand to license third party content is growing exponentially – think about all of the user generated content introducing you to new brands and concepts that you see on social media everyday. GrapevineAI’s marketplace is the scalable solution to help brands license third party content so it is as easy as hailing an Uber ride. We deliver ready-to-run creator content to brands for their next social ad campaign.
We are uniquely positioned to deliver this solution with DNA from My Subscription Addiction, the leading authentic reviews site for DTC subscription, and deep industry knowledge in DTC and growth marketing. We are looking for entrepreneurial athletes to take our company from $10M to $100M+ in the next year.