The New York Post delivers the best in News, Sports, Lifestyle and Entertainment with signature wit, irreverence and authority, averaging 90 million unique viewers a month. Over the past 220 years, The Post has evolved into a multi-platform media group spanning print, digital, video, TV, podcasts and commerce.
The New York Post is seeking a full-time Entertainment Editor plugged into the industry’s pulse — with an eye for jaw-dropping showbiz scoops. This ideal candidate must be a self-starter with excellent contacts and a hyper-awareness of what’s next in TV, film, music, theater and celebrity news (with a touch of informed gossip in the mix, of course).
- Assign, edit and publish breaking entertainment news in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Guide articles of varying lengths written by a growing team of senior critics, feature writers and general assignment reporters
- Lead a department breaking exclusives on competitive beats
- Help staff develop sources and cultivate contacts
- Generate a continuous stream of content with timely news pegs and fresh, eye-catching angles
- Spearhead compelling, informative, well-sourced, accurate copy
- Use metrics to make informed decisions about coverage in order to grow readership
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as an editor at a breaking news outlet
- Experience managing a team
- Proficiency in WordPress or similar CMS, Photoshop and web analytics preferred
- Willingness to work nights and weekends when required, especially for leading tentpole coverage such as: Oscars, Grammys, Super Bowl halftime show, etc.
Note: The NY Post has returned to office in a hybrid model.
Salary Range: $75,000 – $170,000
At The New York Post we recognize that attracting the best talent is key to our strategy and success as a company. As a result, our ranges reflect our good faith estimate to pay fairly as to what our ideal candidates are likely to expect, and we tailor our offers within the range based on the selected candidate’s experience, industry knowledge, technical and communication skills, and other factors that may prove relevant during the interview process.
In addition to compensation, the company provides eligible employees a comprehensive and highly competitive benefits package, with a variety of physical health, retirement and savings, caregiving, emotional wellbeing, transportation, and other benefits, including elective benefits employees may select to best fit the needs and personal situations of our diverse workforce.
As an equal opportunity employer, the New York Post does not discriminate in hiring or the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The New York Post will consider the provision of reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental disabilities of otherwise qualified applicants to enable them to participate in our application process and to effectively perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would impose an undue financial or operational hardship.
Job Category : DIGITAL