About the job
Look, here’s the deal. The internet created a new world order for the media. A wave of DIY dissenters that challenged the very definition of entertainment. A bunch of accidental media empires. You know, people at home with cameras and laptops. In the early days, the old guard moved too slow and now they’re sinking like dinosaurs in tar pits. We’re quick and agile. New media mammals. The next stage in the entertainment evolution. For 10 years, independent creators have outpaced and outgrown traditional networks. As their growth has slowed, ours has only sped up. What were once considered a novelty, or worse, fads, now have audiences that eclipse the biggest TV networks.
Made In Network started in 2013. It’s a familiar story, we grabbed some cameras, our friends, and created a bunch of YouTube channels. The channels grew to a few thousand subscribers, then a few million, then came the brand deals, and product lines and media empires. Fast forward to today; we’re a powerhouse of 12 independent brands with 150M combined subscribers generating over 800M monthly views. That’s 5 Billion minutes watched PER MONTH.
We don’t think we’re onto something. We know we are. We are the largest & most influential entertainment network you’ve never heard of. And our reach is growing by the millions. Every. Single. Day.
What are we looking for?
We are currently looking for an Editor/Videographer to be part of our team based in Brooklyn, NY.
So tell me more:
You will be a part of the team that is responsible for all production and content creation for a specific project/show alongside the strategy, creative, and development teams. You will be responsible for the shoots and edits on which you are assigned, and will report to the Head of Digital Production. Candidates should be proficient in both filming and editing video and will be expected to engage in creative conversations around the development of content. The ideal candidate will be a willing participant in all parts of the creative process. Candidates will be expected to work remotely with the ability to participate in on-location shoots in Brooklyn, NY.
- Shoot and edit content for the Head of Digital Production to review, refine, and approve
- Work efficiently to support the entire team in all creative endeavors
- Execute processes and best practices established by the team
- Assumes responsibilities similar to a Camera Operator/ Editor
- Basic understanding of audio recording on set and audio mixing for video required
- Resume and video reel required
The ideal candidate has or does most of this stuff:
- 2-3 years experience in video production, editing, graphics, or another related field
- Basic understanding of YouTube (YouTube Certified is a plus)
- 2-3 years of experience and high proficiency with Adobe software including Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Photoshop.
- Experience with Sony Cameras including the FS7 and A7 lines.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Time management skills
- Strong decision-making skills
- Attention to detail, and the ability to maintain several different projects simultaneously
- Excellent writing skills