A highly-motivated, creative, and versatile editor who knows how to identify the best moments, viral audio, and news to drive user engagement, downloads, and listening.
The ideal candidate has a sharp instinct of what both passionate and more casual fans will engage with, balanced with a mastery of best practices for audio clip production (isolating news-making segments, optimizing titles and descriptions, adding dynamic imagery). Must thrive in a fast-paced, communication-driven team environment, and be able to bridge the UX gap between our over-the-air product and web/app streaming platform
What You’ll Do:
- Monitor all top show feeds to ensure station titles/descriptions are concise and eye-catching
- Use creative headline copy and tagging concepts to help build customized user experiences to drive app downloads and “superfans” (consistent users)
- Generate direct app listening by clipping/titling/tagging team and market-based topic audio produced by top local stations
- Add custom images to priority clips to improve UX and click-through
- Work with central digital and local market staffs on workflow for optimizing top content clips (isolating exclusive interviews, prioritizing top shows)
- Help activate around breaking news by quickly getting reaction content ingested into automated app experiences
- Partner with local staffing to maximize Audacy’s ‘chaptering’ experience
More About You:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- A minimum of 1-2 years of digital content production/editing experience
- Flexibility to work nights/weekends as needed (sports news doesn’t stop at 5 PM)
- Must have excellent writing skills, and the ability to drive engagement for both local and national audiences
- Extensive knowledge of the sports and sports-culture landscape required, as well as broader knowledge of all teams in the NFL/MLB/NBA
- Strong quick-turn copywriting with attention to detail in grammar, punctuation, and style
- Ability to make real-time judgments and react independently around breaking/viral audio
- Audio clipping/editing experience required
- Photoshop experience is preferred, but not required
- Basic Google Drive skills are required, as well as how to use/navigate a Content Management System
Required & Preferred
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a leading multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best collection of local music, news and sports brands, a premium podcast creator, major event producer, and digital innovator. Audacy engages 200 million consumers each month, bringing people together around content that matters to them. Learn more at www.audacyinc.com , Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).
Audacy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Audacy affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Audacy, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.