Aha! helps companies build lovable software. We provide the world’s #1 product development tools — Aha! Roadmaps, Aha! Ideas, Aha! Create, and Aha! Develop — which are used by more than 700,000 builders. Product teams rely on our expertise, guided templates, and training programs via Aha! Academy to be their best. We are proud to be a very different type of high-growth SaaS company. The business is self-funded, profitable, and 100 percent remote. We are recognized as one of the best fully remote companies to work for, champion the Bootstrap Movement, and have given over $1M to people in need through Aha! Cares. Learn more at www.aha.io.
The Aha! marketing team is a highly collaborative group of experts across digital, content, and product marketing disciplines. We work within North American time zones so we can easily meet live on video and achieve more together. Writers at Aha! contribute to the content engine that powers the growth of our company. You write and support blog posts, guides, newsletters, social media posts, and other content. You proactively deepen your understanding of Aha! customers and product management so that you can take on increasingly technical content assignments.
- We drive growth: Aha! does not have a sales team — marketing is responsible for increasing awareness and trial sign-ups.
- We give big effort: We work exceptionally hard and fast, constantly producing content that engages new customers and brings value to existing ones.
- We are curious: We seek to better understand our market, customers, and products so we can clearly articulate the unique value of what we offer.
- We have fun: We care deeply about our teammates, always making time to celebrate, support, and laugh with each other.
- We enjoy: We like what we do. And we want you to love your job too. Learn more about The Responsive Method, our company values, and the generous benefits we offer.
The content group within the broader marketing team is responsible for writing content that powers the growth of our company. We own a broad range of content — blog posts, educational guides, newsletters, social media, and other customer communications. We are deadline-driven and intensely committed to high-quality work.
We care deeply about understanding our customers and market. We aim to create content that is both relevant and refreshing. We embrace direct feedback and revision cycles — all in service to getting the content right. Our work is challenging and meaningful — we are always becoming better writers.
We do our planning and collaboration in Aha! Roadmaps. We are power users of our own software, often providing feedback and suggestions for improvements that are shipped to customers too. We use Slack and Zoom for video calls. (Email? Rarely.)
You have at least four years of experience copy editing B2B, software development, marketing, and/or leadership content. You know that copy editing is about more than commas and hyphens. You cannot rest until every line — from product functionality descriptions to blog posts to advertising creative — is accurate and concise. You want to work with people who love important concepts, not jargon.
You thrive in a deadline-driven environment and are comfortable working closely with senior leaders. You understand SEO best practices and have experience using online publishing and organizational tools. (Experience using Contentful is preferred, but not required.) You are interested in growing your copywriting skills alongside your copyediting skills. You enjoy delivering and receiving constructive feedback.
Your work at Aha!
We work on a broad range of marketing initiatives and programs. Your responsibilities will include:
- Copy editing 60 percent of the time and writing 40 percent of the time
- Peer editing and reviewing content from other writers and the broader team
- Delivering high-quality copy edits within fast-paced production cycles
- Building and maintaining style resources, such as style sheets, content guidelines, and other editorial documentation
- Supporting SEO initiatives that contribute to marketing and company goals
- Developing your writing skills and serving as copywriter on key projects
- Working proactively to deepen your understanding of our market, customers, and product
If the Copy Editor role sounds appealing, we would love to hear from you. (A real human reviews every application.)
Grow with us
Everyone deserves to reach their fullest potential. We know that when we do work that matters with people we care about in a high-growth environment, we feel engaged and alive. And our goal is to help you do just that. We offer all the benefits you would expect and more, including profit sharing. The specific benefits listed below are reflective of what we offer U.S.-based hires. We also do our best to extend identical benefits to international teammates.
- The base salary range for this role in the US is between $65,000 and $130,000
- Cash-based compensation also includes profit sharing and we contribute a percentage of your total pay each month towards your retirement
- Medical, dental, and vision plans — for many teammates, we cover 100 percent of the premiums
- Up to 200 hours of paid time off a year to spend however you want
- 30 to 90 days of paid parental leave and five to 10 days of paid care and bereavement leave
- Up to $1,000 annually for third-party education, along with paid time off to immerse yourself in learning
- Volunteer opportunities throughout the year
Base salary and total compensation are dependent upon many factors, such as: skills, experience, and relevant past roles