Dexerto is seeking a highly motivated and organized USA based Video Editor with a track record of success on YouTube, who is capable of
- running with a brief, pushing the creative boundary and delivering something highly innovative for the campaign
- taking direction and execute efficiently, on time, with minimal oversight and deliver as promised
- managing multiple deliverables
- executing punchy, stylized short form edits (promos + sizzles)
Dexerto is an award-winning esports and gaming media group, production house and solutions provider, with media properties including the leading esports and gaming lifestyle publisher, Dexerto.com – a major voice in digital culture for tens of millions of Millennial and Gen Z fans – and we’re seeking to continue to disrupt the media industry with a mix of both experimental and highly produced video content for our brand partners.
The editor position will work primarily with the award winning branded content team and supplement Dexerto’s in-house editorial edits as needed, to create both short form and long form content. Our branded video work ranges from documentary, to hosted interviews, commercials, event highlights, stream sizzles and more. No matter the deliverables, we strive to exceed our client’s expectations and believe good content drives successful campaigns.
The successful candidate will have the ability to manage multiple edits and deliverables according to spec for a variety of distribution channels, but focusing on YouTube, offer creative input and solutions (Your mindset is – what can we do? There is a solution), understands what captivates today’s digital video audience, can blend style with storytelling, and is highly proficient with the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, especially Premiere Pro and After Effects.
- 3+ years as a video editor with a portfolio of digital (branded a plus) / YouTube videos
- United States Based (EST or CST Time Zones)
- Can share 2+ references who can speak to your professional experience
- Excels at punchy, fun, stylized short form edits (sizzles + promos)
- High Proficiency with Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects and the rest of the adobe suite
- Ability to ingest, organize and deliver edits on schedule
- An organized workflow and understanding of codecs, aspect ratios, and media management
- Versioning knowledge dedicated by distribution channel
- Familiarity with Slack and Google Drive
- The ability to work in a team environment
- Willing to learn and grow within the company
- Impeccable eye for design
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
- Ability to work quickly on a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Focused on results and deadlines
- Must provide a link to your portfolio
- Video editing including animation, GFX, color grading and sound mixing
- Has knowledge of YouTube trends and best practices around Introductions, Hooks, Build Up, and the Pay Off
- Has an innate ability to take raw footage and create a story.
- Understands that feedback isn’t personal
- Using multi camera sequences to create rough and final cuts
- Collaborate with producers, designers and project managers throughout the production and post-production process
- High level of attention to detail
- Full responsibility of mastering and archiving all projects
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.