Where A-Players Thrive.
We’re an employee-owned, vertically-integrated builder of some of America’s most popular health & wellness brands. With over 1,200 team members dedicated to improving the lives of people and their pets, we create best-in-class products that bring health and happiness. Our creative content educates the world on making smarter health choices, while the brands we own generate over $1 billion of revenue annually.
We’re Looking For An: Associate Video Editor to create marketing videos intended to capture viewers attention on platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, etc. to convert into sales.
Location: Woodland Hills, CA (Remote)
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Edit & Export short videos (thumbstoppers) using existing and original clips
- Shoot footage on iPhone/DSLR cameras to be used for thumb stoppers
- Experience editing UGC/homemade video content into short ads
- Analyze video performance on Facebook Ad Manager and Tableau
- Help craft brand-focused storytelling and elevate aesthetic across all video content in videos of varying lengths
- Edit and create long-form video content utilizing stock footage and in-house graphics
- Conceptualize and pitch videos to the marketing team
- Collaborate with the writers and the marketing team to optimize creatives
- Edit engaging short-form content for Facebook and YouTube
- Manage priorities and workload effectively to meet all schedules and deadlines
Preferred Qualifications (Note: These are preferred and not required. We strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t tick ALL of these boxes.):
- Strong sense of compelling and eye-capturing imagery
- Has a good sense of composition and aesthetic decision
- Excited to work with a cross-functional team to meet goals that help the continued growth of our business
- Has a desire to solve problems, openness to giving and receiving feedback and a hunger to always be improving
- Ability to prioritize and multitask; self-starter mentality
- Has good organizational, communication and leadership skills
- Minimum of 1 year of video editing (Adobe Premiere)
- Good understanding of video trends on social platforms
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere; After Effects a plus.
- Basic Google Docs experience
- 1 year of video editing in a marketing environment preferred
- Social media data analysis preferred
- Google Sheets/Doc data entry preferred
- Color grading and audio mixing preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Golden Perks & Benefits:
- Health and Happiness: Enjoy 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance. Get 75% premium coverage for dependents.
- Become an Owner: Join our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and be a part owner of Golden Hippo.
- Boost Your Savings: Maximize your retirement with a generous 401K Plan and company matching up to 3.5%.
- Stand Out, Get Rewarded: Excel and be recognized through our KPI Bonus, Win of the Week, Spot Bonus, and Shoutouts Program.
- Flexibility at Your Fingertips: Work on your terms with flexible arrangements for most positions.
- Skyrocket Your Career: Unleash your potential with unlimited room for professional growth.
- Thrilling Events Await: Exciting virtual and in-person events that redefine fun.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $22.55-$30.10/hour, plus annual & monthly KPI bonus potential.
Salary is based on a wide range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geographical location.
*The safety of our candidates is our highest priority. When looking for a job, please be aware of cyber criminals, fake domains, and fraudulent job offers. Golden Hippo recruiters will only contact applicants from our official company e-mail domain, (NAME@GOLDENHIPPO.COM) or through our internal Applicant Tracking System, Greenhouse. In addition, Golden Hippo recruiters will never text you, send you checks, or ask you to disclose personal financial details. If you receive any suspicious communications regarding an open position or a job offer, please contact Golden Hippo directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to verify its validity.*
Click here to learn more about general internet safety and our hiring practices.
Click here to view our Privacy Notice to Job Applicants.